To determine if you or your child could benefit from The Epicentre’s services, please contact our center to schedule a free assessment.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 0246058329 or 0205803621. To locate our center, use these maps and directions.
Who Is The Epicentre For?
The Epicentre is an educational and rehabilitative center located in New Gbawe, a Western suburb of Accra, Ghana. We provide the following services:
- Special education for children and young adults (ages 5-25) with developmental, neurological, intellectual, and learning disabilities
- Early learning program for children (ages 2-5) with and without disabilities
- Physical therapy unit for clients of all ages throughout the community
Our target catchment area includes the Gbawe, Weija, Achimota, Odorkor, Tesano, Anyaa, Awoshie, and Kwashieman communities.
How Much Does It Cost?
Physical therapy for community members is charged for initial assessment and per follow-up session (please call for updated fees).
Students at The Epicentre either pay full term fees or apply for a scholarship rate. We have three terms during the school year. Payment is due at the start of each term, or the student is immediately dismissed from our center.
The full term fees for attending The Epicentre as a student are:
- Registration: (please call for updated fee)
- Tuition for Special Education: (please call for updated fee)
- Tuition for Early Learning Program: (please call for updated fee)
- Extra Care (optional): (please call for updated fee)
- Overnight Lodging (optional): (please call for updated fee)
- Physical Therapy (optional): (please call for updated fee)
Students from low-income families may also apply to attend The Epicentre on a scholarship rate. These scholarships are highly-competitive, and we weigh applications by considering the commitment of parents and families to their children, distance of residence from the center, and demonstrated levels of need. Families on scholarship can still expect to pay a reduced fee.
What Will Your Student Gain?
Our special education program is designed to help your student reach his or her full potential and to meet his or her intellectual, emotional, physical, and social needs. While we do arrange regular medical screenings from local doctors, we do not provide medical care – beyond rehabilitative therapies. We will not be able to “heal your child.” Rather we will place them in a supportive, stimulating environment where they can improve speech, motor skills and learning abilities.
What is Unique About The Epicentre?
- Brand new facilities – freshly remodeled in summer 2013, our center in New Gbawe is a modern, state-of-the-art facility ready to welcome any student
- Small class sizes – we maintain at low student to teacher ratio to ensure that all of our students are getting the attention and care they need at all times
- Flexible curriculum tailored to the individual – every student learns differently so every student undertakes their own individualized curriculum
- Music, art and ICT studios available for students – to unlock the unique creative potentials of our students, we have our own music, art and ICT studios
- Strong international outlook and links – our center was conceived abroad, meaning the way we do things is different than most other schools in Ghana including that we use the British and Ghanaian curriculum
What is Disability?
What is intellectual disability?
Intellectual disability is a disability characterized by limitations in both intellectual functioning and in adaptive behavior, which covers many everyday social and practical skills. This disability originates before the age of 18.
What is autism?
Autism is a general term for a group of disorders that affect brain development. This disability is characterized by difficulties in social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication and repetitive behaviors.
Schedule a Free Assessment Now!
To schedule a free assessment, please email us at email@example.com or call us during the day at 0246058329 or 0205803621.
Continue reading about how to volunteer.