The Epicentre relies on dedicated volunteers from Ghana and abroad to fulfill a variety of positions at our center. We are most in need of passionate educators and trained speech, physical, and occupational therapists to assist our mission by volunteering time and talent to offer new ideas and energy to our full-time staff.
To apply as a local or international volunteer, use the application form below, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.
- Special Educator Position (for students and trained professionals only)
- Physical Therapist Position (for students and trained professionals only)
- Speech Therapist Position (for students and trained professionals only)
- Occupational Therapist Position (for students and trained professionals only)
- Classroom Assistant (open to anyone over the age of 18)
- Administrative Assistant (open to anyone over the age of 18)
International Volunteer Program
Volunteers visiting Ghana from abroad are invited to lodge at The Epicentre while they complete their volunteer work with us. Our International Volunteer Program provides our volunteers with a living community and opportunities to see, travel, and culturally engage with Ghana. We do not generate revenue from this program. It is important to us as a center that we expose people from abroad to the work we are doing and to the challenges of persons with disabilities in Ghana.
Here is everything you need to know about the program:
- Flights: All volunteers are responsible for their own flights to and from Ghana. We will arrange for your airport pickup and drop-off free.
- Time of Arrival: We welcome volunteers all year. However, our center is closed in August. June and July are typically the most popular times of the year for volunteers to come to Ghana, so you will likely have the largest community then.
- Living Conditions: The Epicentre is a modern, spacious facility with a full kitchen and five classrooms and bathrooms. As volunteers, you will sleep on fold-out beds in classrooms. Your belongings can be locked safely in classroom closets. The center has electricity, running water, and indoor showers.
- Food: The Epicentre will provide you lunch during the workweek. Other than that, you are responsible for your own food and can either eat from the many local vendors or use our kitchen and refrigerator to prepare your own food. There is a Shoprite grocery store within forty minutes of the center by bus.
- Safety: The Epicentre is a gated facility with a full-time guard to ensure your safety. However, Ghana is generally a very safe, warm and hospitable country.
- Vaccines & Meds: You should consult a travel clinic to ensure your vaccinations are up-to-date before coming. You need a proof of yellow fever vaccination card to enter Ghana and should take malaria prevention medication.
- Cost: The cost of staying at The Epicentre is 100 USD per week – to cover utilities, lunch, airport pickup and drop-off, and administrative costs.
Volunteer Application Form
Continue reading about our funding sources.